Life Skills Solutions™
has brought together a diverse group of professionals to pave the way for the copyrighted Life Skills Solutions™ training curriculum developed by UPI Education Founder & President, Frank Crump, in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders including content experts, teachers, school administrators, parents and street-smart writers.
Initially, designed for students (ages 10 – 22)
including disconnected, disadvantaged and foster youth, the Life Skills Solutions™ curriculum establishes clear and consistent goals for learning that will prepare and motivate America’s teens/young adults to move forward towards higher learning and training.
The UPI Life Skills Solutions™ curriculum satisfies the market demands found within our nation’s public, private and charter schools, juvenile agencies, faith-based and youth organizations. For example, within middle and high schools many teachers have a Need for something that will build the confidence of students. These teachers Want something that will motivate the entire classroom and they would Value the Life Skills Solutions™ curriculum for bringing the class together, engaging student’s desires for learning and promoting respect for the school environment and insight into life and living.
As students search for their place in the world, they Hunger for meaningful communication with adults. Students may not often seek but they do Require, role models and Specific Direction. Without proper adult supervision and
“The function of Education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
— Martin Luther King Jr. —
UPI Education’s Facilitators (trainers) and students discuss life’s opportunities and situations as they focus on options and choices as a means to fulfilling academic goals and personal aspirations.
The UPI Education program, lesson plans, and feedback mechanisms facilitate all discussions — insuring program consistency, student understanding, best practice principles and overall program success.
“Preservation of one’s own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures.”
— Cesar Chavez —
To prepare students for living successfully in the world by:
- Equipping students with Life Skill Solutions™ — helping them to attain higher grades and awaken their intellectual and creative abilities to the fullest extent.
- Teaching students how to maintain and develop self-control, self-motivation, self-reliance, and how to better understand not only the value of a good education but the value of being a good citizen of the world.
- Providing students with a practical understanding of responsibility and accountability, including financial literacy and how together these yield self-empowerment.
- Enabling students to understand that their responsibility is to compete and excel academically, technically, athletically, in the arts, sciences, and on every level – locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Providing students with UPI Education’s unique “Summer Camp,” where in addition to the UPI Education life skills curriculum, we expose them to music, art, aviation, boating and sports.
- Providing school teachers/administrators, parents/guardians, and youth mentors with Life Skill Solutions™ training that will help to improve their teaching and nuturing ability and communication skills i.e “Train the Trainer”.
- Providing customized seminars and workshops for colleges/universities, companies and organizations i.e. “Professional Development”training.
“I applaud the ideas of UPI Education, as I also believe that it is very necessary for school students to be taught the everyday skills of life and society, in addition to reading, writing, and arithmetic. Over the past thirty-five years, I have spoken often of the need for a plan like UPI Education; the need for something to compliment our traditional curriculum and instruction focus.”
— James P. Comer, M.D. —
Maurice Falk Professor of Child Psychiatry
Yale Child Study Center Associate Dean
Yale University School of Medicine